DUBAI — JLL has released a new sustainability report for the MENA region highlighting the firm’s ongoing commitment to supporting regional government goals towards building a sustainable future.
With 4.4 billion square feet of globally managed space JLL has the opportunity to create lasting positive environmental, social and economic impacts and the firm is internationally recognized for its accomplishments as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies.”
“At JLL, we continue to accomplish our sustainability goals and have put in place clear action plans for 2018 that enable both our clients and our people to be part of a sustainable future, a future aligned to goals set out by the UAE 2021 National Agenda and Saudi Vision 2030,” said Alan Robertson, CEO, Middle East & North Africa.
“The real estate sector has an opportunity to play a major role supporting regional governments in their move towards sustainable development as they diversify their economies. There is an emphasis on quality infrastructure supporting sustainable economic growth, the benefits being two fold with positive environmental impacts and commercial cost savings from a sustainable portfolio,” he continued.
The report overviews tangible ways the firm and its dedicated MENA Sustainability Services Team is delivering positive financial, social and environmental results, for clients, its employees, workplaces and communities. These include:
• Dedicated consulting services to support developers, owners and corporate real estate teams’ sustainable strategies
• Driving firm diversity with active Emiratisation and Saudisation programs – with at least 50% native Arabic speakers by 2020
• Being shortlisted for the Gulf Sustainability Awards, Best Sustainability Educational Program
• Delivering for clients: energy reduction program in Ubora Tower Dubai resulting in 30% cost savings; supporting Majid Al Futtaim’s sustainability strategy
JLL’s global Building a Better Tomorrow program aims to add lasting value to clients, employees, shareholders and communities. The program embeds environmental, social and financial responsibilities across JLL’s services and operations through these four pillars:
• Generating lasting value for our clients
• Engaging our people
• Transforming our workplaces
• Supporting our communities — SG